There are two language settings for Hotmail: first, the login screen that loads when you are already signed out, is going to use the language it thinks best fits your location, operating system language setting, or perhaps even the web browser's configuration. Then, there is the actual language in which your Hotmail account will be displayed, which is an option you can manually configure yourself in your Windows Live profile: change Hotmail language. In this tutorial, we will show you how to force Windows Live to show the Spanish version of the login form and Hotmail sign in page.
Show Hotmail Sign in page in Spanish
Follow these simple steps to get the Spanish version of your email login screen:
- When you type "www.live.com" or "www.hotmail.com" in your web browser's address bar and hit Enter, you are leaving the language choice in the hands of Windows Live, which will pick it according to the criteria we talked about, which may not be Spanish:
- So what you need to do is explicitly request the Spanish version of the Hotmail Sign in page: if you sign in from a public computer, you'll just need to remember what to type; if you are on your computer, you can directly add the resulting page to your favorites ("bookmark" it).
- Enter the following address in your web browser, and hit Enter: "
- To get a localized version of Spanish, you can try the 2-character language code for your particular country; here are a few examples of regional Spanish:
(Note that not all localized versions of Spanish are necessarily supported by Windows Live Hotmail; if this is the case, the Sign in page will revert to a default Spanish)
- Either way, you will now see the Spanish version of the Hotmail Sign in page!
This tutorial just explained how to configure Windows Live to show you Hotmail Sign in Spanish edition, but you can also use Hotmail.com en Español. As mentioned earlier on, these two settings are separate! And if you decide to sign in to Hotmail without using the Spanish version of the login form, all you need to do is just type "hotmail.com" and hit Enter (in other words, not add any request for Spanish!)
Tutorial last updated on November 26, 2011
Copyright © 2013 Login: Windows Live Hotmail Sign in
, All Rights Reserved. • Legal Disclaimer
- Ask a QuestionNew Hotmail, MSN Hotmail, Windows Live Hotmail & Live email are all referring to the same free webmail service offered by Microsoft and Windows Live Team (works on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X). Microsoft Corporation, Apple, and other companies own the copyright or trademark to these and other terms mentioned.