When you sign in to Hotmail, you automatically land (upon successful authentication of your email address an password) either inside the Windows Live Home page, or inside your inbox, ready to read your email messages. But did you know that you can also automatically sign in to your Hotmail calendar? (Or "Windows Live Calendar", as it is also known. In this tutorial, we will show you how to directly get to the Hotmail Calendar when you sign in, and also briefly mention how to see your calendar, alerts, and events, without even having to go through the login process.
Sign in to Hotmail Calendar
Here are the simple steps to follow to directly access the Windows Live Calendar after login:
- Like some of the Windows Live service and Hotmail features, the calendar has its own "URL", or internet address: this means that you can add the Hotmail calendar to your favorites for quick access, and depending on your current login settings, directly see the current month without having to sign in prior to that - here's a screenshot of a sample Hotmail calendar:
- There are two ways to get to the Windows Live Calendar: the first is to move your mouse pointer (cursor) above the word "Hotmail" at the top of the screen, as shown below:
- Another way, when you are looking at your inbox and email messages, is to look near the bottom left corner of the page, and click on the "Calendar" link, like this:
- These two approaches have in common the fact that you are already signed in to your Hotmail account. But this is not always the case: if you have chosen to automatically sign in to Hotmail, you will directly see the calendar if you bookmark its URL / location. Otherwise, you will first need to login to your Windows Live Hotmail account.
- So, once you have signed in to your Hotmail account, access your calendar one of the two ways mentioned above, and bookmark this page (add it to your favorites, in other words), once the calendar has fully loaded. You should see something like this in your web browser's address bar, and this is the page that will be saved to your favorites:
- From this point on, just access this link or bookmark to sign in to your Hotmail calendar; if you are currently logged out of your Windows Live profile, you will first be required to go through Hotmail login: just enter your Windows Live ID (email address) and password, as you would any other time you need to access your email messages (for example).
Hotmail Calendar Tip: like all other Windows Live services, the calendar you will see is the calendar for the user currently logged in to Hotmail. In other words, if you see a calendar you don't recognize, it is probably because someone else is currently signed in! Just go through Hotmail Sign out and log back in to see your own calendar, events, parties, and all that fun stuff.
Tutorial last updated on November 26, 2011
Copyright © 2013 Login: Windows Live Hotmail Sign in
, All Rights Reserved. • Legal Disclaimer
- Ask a QuestionNew Hotmail, MSN Hotmail, Windows Live Hotmail & Live email are all referring to the same free webmail service offered by Microsoft and Windows Live Team (works on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X). Microsoft Corporation, Apple, and other companies own the copyright or trademark to these and other terms mentioned.